<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

What, I Can't Stop? 

Boy, you finish a 111-loss season, and the first thing you want to do is just stop blogging.

But then there are these playoffs, and the winter meetings, and looking back and looking ahead, and before you know it, it's March and spring training time and then it's Opening Day with Randy on the mound (maybe), and...

Whew.

OK, I really do plan on cutting back here. I've been busier than I was back in the summer (no more time for in-depth analysis of whether the pitching staff is overworked or hitters' patience at the plate). I want to focus on some other blogging stuff. I just need a break.

But I do plan on posting occasionally over the next six months, so do stop by when you can. And thanks once more (sorry, no Scooby references this time) for everyone who took the time to stop by and read. Next year will be better (D-Backs-team-wise, at least), I promise.

And, finally (for today), a few notes:

Conor Jackson has started an AFL diary. Wonder if he'll mention all those bloggers at the Oct. 16th game?

Let me get this straight: Bob Melvin gets fired from the Seattle Mariners, and then Bill Bavasi recommends him to the Diamondbacks. This is the managerial equivalent of the "It's not you... it's me" breakup statement. For U.S.S. Mariner's view on Melvin, read here. (Summary: Not good. And certainly doesn't sound like what we need with a young D-Backs squad.)

In any case, check out the list of rumored candidates here -- Rob and Jon, it's possible that Eric Karros might not be in the booth for the Dodgers next year (very last paragraph).

Comments: Post a Comment