<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Letting It Pass 

There are a number of frustrated digressions I could go off on regarding the case of Diamondbacks v. Giants, in which the court on Tuesday night ruled in favor of the Giants, 11-3:
1) The same day the bullpen gets an article praising it, it collapses in the 9th inning, giving up six runs (Lance Cormier VORP: 13.2, rest of active bullpen: -5.9, or -10.4 including Vargas).
2) The killed rally in the bottom of the 4th when a rocket off of Counsell's bat hits Snyder in the foot.
3) The fact that the Diamondbacks couldn't get more than 3 runs off Schmidt, who was not at the top of his game.
4) Did I mention the bullpen?

But I had a particularly good set of songs on my iPod shuffle running at the gym this morning -- Springsteen's "Jungleland," Old 97's "Nineteen," Spoon's "Take the Fifth," Built To Spill's "Broken Chairs," Bebel Gilberto's "Bananera" -- shifted my mood accordingly, and so I'll take satisfaction in that:
1) With two days left in June, this team is still at .500, exceeding only the most optimistic of forecasts.
2) Brandon Webb, who should be this team's All-Star representative, pitches tonight.
3) I have a family whom I love and I'll get to spend lots of time with this weekend.

(But I'd still like to see the bullpen get better.)

*************************

In Rotation - June 29, '05
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment
Matthew Sweet - Time Capsule: Best Of 1990-2000
Futureheads - s/t
Freedy Johnston - Unlucky EP
Marah - Kids In Philly

Comments: Post a Comment