<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

D-Back Bloggers Fite! 

Over the oddest things...

Thanks to Jim at AZ Snakepit for asking me to weigh in on the Diamondbacks' "Ultimate Baseball Experiences." My "point" (or is it the "counterpoint") takes more of a "meh, whatever" tone while Jim does his best Ash Campbell impression on the policy. (Side note: I've never seen the Raimi trilogy, so in finding that last link I was surprised to find out that the trilogy is the source of the world "boomstick," a word that I used today with no conscious realization of its origin.)

OK. I'll stop babbling now. Go read Jim's blog.

Comments:
What? Not seen The Evil Dead? Heretic! I am honoured by your comparison to Ash, since Bruce Campbell is a house icon - right up there with Rutger Hauer, Jeffrey Combs and Udo Kier.

"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick! It's a 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop smart, shop S-Mart!"
 
I know, I know... I have a general distaste for slasher/gore flicks, but I gather that Army of Darkness carries with it enough humor to leaven the rest.
 
Actually, part II is pretty funny too...albeit in a very black kind of way. Bruce Campbell cracking himself over the head with plates, because his hand has become possessed, for instance. He and Sam Raimi are big Three Stooges fans, and it shows occasionally. Part III is more like Jason and the Argonauts, with a lot of stop motion skeletons, and hardly any gore. Er, relatively. ;-)
 
I figured you'd appreciate the reference, even if I didn't.

I keep meaning to read Campbell's autobio, or whatever it was -- I hear it's very amusing and insightful.
 
Post a Comment