<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

D-Back 2005 Previews: An Introduction 

Over the next month I'll be rolling out my previews of the 2005 Diamondbacks. Armed with my copy of BP 2005 and the vast resources of the internet, I now have just enough knowledge to be dangerous.

Rather than writing dry summaries of the players on the 25-man roster, I thought I'd spice up the narrative. And since baseball is the most poetic of sports, what better way to celebrate the start of a new season than by using that most tired of poetical forms, the limerick?

Think of this not as impersonating the Score Bard (whose poetry is actually good); rather, think of this as an homage.

And feel free to offer up suggestions of your own.

Meanwhile, I'm glad Jon Zeringue won't make the squad this year, otherwise you'd be treated to a poem that includes the Latin music of meringue as well as the fever known as dengue. Maybe next year, though...

Comments: Post a Comment