<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

So Close, So Little Time 

We were almost there. Another quality start from a D-Back starting pitcher -- Casey Fossum gave up 3 runs on 4 hits and struck out 8 in 7 innings. And then the bullpen -- OK, Shane Nance -- collapsed while the defense was playing an excellent game of hot potato (but a poor game of baseball) with the ball. A tight 3-3 game (and we almost pulled ahead in the bottom of the 7th) quickly mushroomed to 7-3. Final score, 8-4 Dodgers over D-Backs.

And that's it for me. No time for more. (Oh, except for the fact that J0sh Kroeger started in left field. I take it as a sign of how much knowledge I've gained while blogging that I a) know who Josh Kroeger is, and b) think that his promotion is a good September thing. Now, after he struck out 3 times last night, I'm waiting for the raft of articles talking about his lack of control.)

Comments: Post a Comment