<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, August 14, 2004

I Got Nothing 

Nada.  Zip.  I mean, how do you write about a D-Backs starting pitcher having a lousy outing in some new, interesting way for the, er, 80th time this season?

I was amused by the headline for the D-Backs' 10-6 loss to the Mets on page C6 of the Republic:

"Another big, early deficit dooms punchless offense"

Hey, Mr./Ms. Headline Writer Gal, did you even read the article to wrote the headline for?  As is typical now, it was really, really short, so it wouldn't take you much time, but the DIAMONDBACKS SCORED SIX TIMES.  I gotta tell you, for the D-Backs this year, that is an offensive explosion.  And they managed to do it on just 8 hits.  Punchless, my butt.

(But, yeah, Fossum did not have a good outing.  Neither did Steve Sparks.  But Elmer and Aquino looked OK.)

Ah, an Edgar Gonzalez outing against Al Leiter.  Somehow another 10-3 D-Backs loss seems a distinct possibility.

Comments: Post a Comment