<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 22, 2004

Anyone want to be the 3rd starter? Anyone? 

2-3 weeks ago I said it was time to stop the Mr. Jennie Finch jokes.  After last night's performance by Mr. Daigle, it might be time to stop the prohibition.  Not a good performance.  Starting pitching: bad; offense: OK; relief pitching: very good, then very bad.  Is it too much to ask for 2 of the 3 components to work well in the same game?

Other notes:
-- When I first heard Hillenbrand's name in the lineup yesterday, I was unhappy.  Now that I read Brenly's comment in this morning's Republic that he was just giving Tracy a rest and putting Shea in against the lefty, I'm OK again.  And, I know, OGDNATM, but Shea did well last night.  A lefty-righty platoon might not be so bad.  And Shea in the 7th spot... just about right...
-- Doug DeVore was sent down to Tucson with Richie coming off the DL.  I have a feeling we won't see him back until September...

Comments: Post a Comment